Adidas Open Forum is in Season!
Originally designed in 1983 for play on basketball hardcourts by French designer Jacques Chassaing, the adidas Forum stood its ground with ease. In 1984, new NBA player Michael Jordan wore Forum’s in the Team USA Olympic trials. The comfort and success achieved by individuals and teams wearing the sneakers, placed the adidas Forums on the map as a sneaker of choice for athletes. Soon, these basketball sneakers moved up the ranks, becoming adidas’ top basketball shoe. It’s popularity has not waned and they continue to be in demand to this day. The Forum was one of the first silhouettes to come in low, mid and high-tops versions. Its signature cross-cross hook-and-loop strap provided ankle stabilisation and support whilst giving the sneaker a unique design signature.
Today, the Forum is experiencing yet another revival, this time by street culture, skate, artists, dirt bikers, and celebrities, all claiming that the sneaker is their sneaker of choice. The sneakers’ comfort and cushioning design that made it ideal for the hardcourt of basketball finds favour with those looking for durability and day-long comfort. These sneakers are ideal for tackling the challenges of everyday life. For the fashionistas, the retro design of the adidas Forum, has made them highly popular with sub-cultures across the globe. Whether worn with casual staples like tracksuits, hoodies, sweatpants and t-shirts or paired with baggy jeans and crop tops, these sneakers are a must-have for anyone with an appreciation for solid old school design.
The Revival of adidas Forum
Side Step is all about on-trend footwear, many “old school” styles being the “new school” favourite. Side Step has your contemporary street style favourites in store now. Check out the adidas Forum sneakers to see where the heat is:
- adidas Originals Forum Lo Kids Sneaker Iridescent White Aqua
- adidas Originals Forum Lo Kids Sneaker White Blue
- adidas Originals Forum Lo Mens Sneaker Cloud White Legend Ink Red
- adidas Originals Forum Lo Mens Sneaker White Royal Blue
- adidas Originals Forum Mid Mens Sneaker White Ambient Sky Black
- adidas Originals Forum Bold Womens Sneaker White Acid Orange
- adidas Originals Forum Lo Youth Sneaker White Red
- adidas Forum Lo Youth Sneaker Cloud White Royal Blue
- adidas Originals Forum Mid Mens Sneaker White Royal Blue
Ready to shop these classic sneakers at Side Step? Find your nearest store or shop our adidas Forum collection online and get them delivered to your door. Get FREE delivery for orders over R500.00!