THE SIDE STEP #MYSTYLEISREAL AMBASSADOR SEARCH
Model Image: 2020 #MYSTYLEISREAL Winner - Mandla Christopher David Koyabe
THE SIDE STEP #MYSTYLEISREAL AMBASSADOR SEARCH
Side Step My Style Is Real Ambassador Search: CAMPUS Edition
Do you think you have what it takes to be the next face and voice of street culture fashion? Are you smooth with your words? Is being in front of the camera a dream of yours?
Here is your opportunity to put those skills and desires and gain notoriety. We’re looking for a young, dynamic and aspiring Vlogger - presenter, stylist, sneaker head or creative to represent one of Mzansi’s fastest growing streetwear retail brands. Sounds like you or someone you know?
Enter the CAMPUS edition and stand a chance to be the face of Side Step and win cash and product to the value of R21 000!!
- Take your best quality 45-second video of you showing us your magic on camera.
- Cover any topic that interests you relating to style or sneakers - new sneaker releases, music, apparel, simply anything street culture or events related within Mzansi.
- Upload the video on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using the #MyStyleIsReal.
- Follow or like the Side Step pages and tag us on your video.
The Small Print
- Aged 18 – 35 years old.
- Entries open 01 February to 26 February 2021.
- Living and residing in SA.
2021 SIDE STEP AMBASSADOR SEARCH TERMS & CONDITIONS
The "#MyStyleIsReal Competition" terms and conditions seek to outline the relationship between the winner of the competition and Studio 88 Group of Companies trading as inter alia Side Step, Studio 88, Skipper Bar, ellesse or DMD (“Side Step”). By entering the Competition, you agree to adhere to the terms and conditions set out below.
- Competition Duration
- The #MyStyleIsReal Competition will comprise of two (2) events during the 2021 period, namely:
- #MyStyleIsReal CAMPUS edition: This event runs from (00h01) Monday, 01 February 2021 (“Event One Start Date”) to midnight (11h59) Tuesday, 26 February 2021 (“Event One Closing Date”). The winner will be announced on Monday, 1 March 2021 via our social media channels.
- #MyStyleIsReal STREET edition: This event runs from (00h01) Monday, 4 June (“Event Two Start Date”) to midnight (11h59) Tuesday, 1 July 2021 (“Event Two Closing Date”). The winner will be announced on Friday, 2 July 2021 via our social media channels.
- Entry Eligibility Criteria
In order to qualify/be eligible to participate in the "#MyStyleIsReal Competition you:
- Must be a citizen or permanent resident of the Republic of South Africa, the winner will be required to live and work in South Africa during the Agreement Term as defined herein;
- Must be between 18 – 24 years of age as at either Event One Start Date or Event Two Start Date , whichever is applicable (the winner will be required to show proof of age);
- Must be fluent in English;
- May not have a criminal record nor a pending criminal charge against them;
- May not be an employee of Side Step (this this includes any Employee of, or individual associated with the Studio 88 Group of Companies or its’ parent, subsidiaries, affiliates or with any other company or person involved in the Competition);
- Will be required to enter into and abide by an exclusive presenter agreement with Studio 88 Group of Companies (the “Agreement”) for a period of 3 months (the “Agreement Term”)
- Must meet the submission criteria stated in Clause 3.
- Online Auditions Submissions
All entries must be submitted online adhering to the below requirements:
- record a video/vlog using any topic relevant to street culture and/or sneaker enthusiasts (stylist, sneaker head, unboxing, commentary or creative insight) that would best represent Side Step in regards campus, students, streetwear and culture relative content.
- the video/vlog must be of a high quality and no more than a 45-seconds in duration, any videos that are longer than 45-seconds will not be accepted;
- follow us @Side Step on Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram;
- like us @SideStep on Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram;
- upload your video/vlog submission to Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram; and
- your video/vlog must include the hashtag #MyStyleIsReal.
- Conduct During Video Submission Recording
- You are required to conduct yourself in a professional manner when filming your video/vlog submission. Avoid any actions or statements that might infringe a third party’s rights or that may damage or prejudice them or the interest of Side Step. Subject to the limitations herein, please ensure when blogging, tweeting or making any social media comments with respect to the #MyStyleIsReal Competition or Side Step, that same does not include any of the following:
- profanity or offensive language;
- defamatory or libellous comments - a comment is libellous if it is false, believable and is likely to damage a person's reputation e.g. "X is a drunk", "Y was so drugged up" "Z is a liar'. Note that even repeating something someone else said can be libellous e.g. "He said she was a complete slut";
- graphic anatomical descriptions (e.g. dick) or any graphic innuendos;
- defamatory references to brands, reviews should be of a positive tone;
- religious/political comments - avoid references to the occult;
- Hate speech (anything that incites hate, encourages violence or any that is racist/sexist etc.);
- any language or visual representation that glorifies abusing tobacco, illicit/illegal drugs or alcohol;
- ensure that when expressing an opinion make it clear that it’s your opinion;
- Try and be objective and always present balanced arguments - both sides of the story;
- Don't repeat any unsubstantiated rumours or urban legend.
Side Step reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entrant from the #MyStyleIsReal Competition that abuses or does not take heed of the restrictions noted in Clause 11.
- Winner Selection
Side Step reserves the right to determine in its sole discretion the winner/(s) of the #MyStyleIsReal Competition. The winning entrant will be the person whom Side Step in its sole discretion believes best reflects the brand personality of Side Step. The winner should strive to be a positive influence and role model to the Side Step fans. Once the winner is announced, no further correspondence will be entered into. The winner will be notified via direct messaging on the social platform they entered on. Please monitor your messages once the entry date has lapsed. If the winner declines the Prize, fails to enter into the Agreement, is disqualified for failing for comply with any of the Eligibility Requirements, or is disqualified for any other reason in Side Step’s discretion, a further winner will be chosen until the Prize is awarded and accepted.
The #MyStyleIsReal Competition winner/(s) will be appointed as a brand ambassador for Side Step for a period of three (3) months (the “Agreement Term”). Event one: March, April and May 2021. Event two: July, August and September 2021. The winner/s will be required to deliver on various tasks and responsibilities during the three (3) month period as indicated in Clause 8. The winner will receive R4 000.00 (four thousand rand) per month for the three (3) month duration of the Agreement Term totaling R12 000 (twelve thousand rand) and seeded footwear and apparel to the value of R3 000.00 (three thousand rand) per month for the duration of the Agreement Term totaling R9 000 (nine thousand rand). The total value of each prize is R21 000 (twenty one thousand rand).
- Responsibility and Duties of Winner
In performing the role as ambassador for Side Step you will be required to attend three (3), full day photo and video shoots. Proposed days being the last Friday of each month but subject to Side Steps confirmation. These photoshoots would be to model product that is retailed at the Side Step stores. As an Ambassador of Side Step, you are expected to conduct yourself in a manner befitting of the brand. You will be required to post, tag and interact on social media in regards events such as the photo and video shoots, collecting product from stores and to participate in activities such as commentary or narration in the form of a voice overs as and when required for promotional purposes on videos.
- Filming Release
As a #MyStyleIsReal Competition entrant (“You”) agree that Side Step has the right to publish, share and promote your entry submission on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and instore TV. You hereby assign to Side Step all present and future intellectual property rights and related rights (including, without limitation, copyright and performer's property rights and all like rights) in and to your appearance in the recording submitted. The same is said for any video footage and still photography taken by or provided to Side Step pursuant to the Agreement and during the Agreement Term. This content will live on the various Side Step platforms. You have no claim to any materials created by or on behalf of Side Step pursuant to the #MyStyleIsReal Competition (the "Footage"). You hereby grant all necessary consents, under the Copyright Act 98 of 1978 to Side Step and its affiliates to use and seed all rights to Side Step under this clause. Side Step shall be entitled to use the Footage, either itself or through any authorized third party, in whole or in part, in relation to the #MyStyleIsReal Competition or any other production, or otherwise, as it may at its absolute discretion determine. Side Step shall have the right to assign and/or license the rights (including the Footage itself or excerpts thereof) granted to Side Step under this Agreement to third parties without restriction.
- 1 Promotional Appearances
Should you be chosen as a winner you agree to make yourself available (for no financial consideration) to Side Step for such reasonable promotional appearances, press conferences and/or photo shoots as may be required. The winner/s agrees and accepts that their name and image will be utilized to promote future editions of this annual competition.
- 1 Changes
Side Step reserves the right to change any of the audition dates, times or locations, any of the Eligibility Criteria, these terms and conditions, or any other element pertaining to the #MyStyleIsReal Competition at any time without notice. Side Step will not be liable for any such changes or for any errors in any materials or information associated with the #MyStyleIsReal Competition.
- 1 Personal Information
Any personal information collected during the course of this #MyStyleIsReal Competition, including the information in any Application Form, will be used solely in connection with the #MyStyleIsReal Competition and will not be disclosed except to the extent strictly necessary for the #MyStyleIsReal Competition. Such disclosure may include disclosure to Side Step’s affiliates and/or third parties.
- 1 No Liability
Side Step, its affiliates, directors, employees, agents and any sponsors of the #MyStyleIsReal Competition disclaim all liability to the greatest extent permissible at law, for any harm, damage, claim or loss incurred by any entrant, or concerning their property, caused or suffered in connection with the #MyStyleIsReal Competition, regardless of the cause thereof.
- Social Media Platform Disclaimer
The person submitting their entry post on the various social network pages including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram is deemed to be the entrant to the #MyStyleIsReal Competition and is therefore deemed to be the winner of the prize. Note that the #MyStyleIsReal Competition is in no way affiliated with the platform on which the entry is submitted but rather that of the promotor Side Step.
- By entering in this promotion, all participants accept and agree to abide by these rules and terms and conditions.
- Side Step reserves the right to terminate or temporarily suspend the #MyStyleIsReal Competition in the event of technical or other difficulties that might compromise its integrity. This includes unforeseen complications that might arise due to Covid and other like epidemics in regards restrictions put in place by the National Government.
- Side Step does not accept any responsibility for difficulties that may arise in the attempt to participate in the #MyStyleIsReal Competition.
- The laws of the Republic of South Africa shall govern these Terms and Conditions and participants agree to be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the South African Courts.