#TheSitDown – What IF Your Dreams Came True?
#TheSitDown – What IF Your Dreams Came True?
It's back, #TheSitDown sessions by Side Step and adidas Originals.
Here, we bring you first-hand, the sometimes trials and tribulations our guests have experienced in their journey to achieve their current prominence within their genre. The question “IF” is explored and we encourage you to ask yourself the same question. Clarity on your dreams, aspirations and pursuits is what makes the difference between paying something lip service and actually realising your dreams.
Join our game changers to learn about some insightful obstacles and opportunities you need to win the game from Mzansi’s dynamic cultural icons.
#TheSitDown this year brings you up close and personal with three dynamic creatives namely Austin Malema, Nikiwe Dlova and Zoocci Coke Dope. Collaboration or mentorship – name it what you will – at #TheSitDown you get to meet accomplished creators who eagerly share their knowledge, inspirations and ideas. Expect to gain some valuable insights that’ll help you build your career and allow you to take your version of the culture forward.
So join our three creators Austin Malema, Nikiwe Dlova and Zoocci Coke Dope and take advantage of this opportunity to engage by submitting your work for their feedback.
Who knows, their input and experienced direction might just take your work to the next level. Fred Kayembe, the culture king himself, in his own inimitable style, will be hosting each creator session. These creators sessions can be viewed on our online platforms (Facebook, Instagram and YouTube), so make sure you follow and favourite Side Step to keep in the loop.
#TheSitDown is more than sharing the insights and their “IF’s” to those that have accomplished their dreams, it’s about opportunity.
By participating, you get first-hand feedback from the relevant creator. Simply submit your work by clicking on the ENTER tab below. Enter your details, select your genre; Music, Photography or Hair Art. There is on offer, R60 000.00 cash to be shared amongst the winners of each genre. So, not only will you receive feedback on your entry from a creator, you could also be R20 000.00 cash flush! IF you think you have what it takes, and could do with R20 000.00 cash, then don’t waste a second more, enter now!
Remember, the spoken word, visualisation, and the fantasy all come about “IF” you dare to dream. Put in the energy, effort and work to realise it. And don’t forget “IF” you don’t add all your senses to realise your dreams, they will simply remain empty words. So “say” it, “feel” it, “taste” it, “smell” it and “see” it come into being through the wonderful gift of your imagination.
One SA’s most sought after photographers and noted in Forbes Africa 30 Under 30 list. A leading creative who is inspiring and influencing the next generation. He’s also had the pleasure of capturing some huge celebrities, both local and international, to name drop a few; David Beckham, Beyonce, Jay-Z, Drake, Cassper Nyovest, AKA and Bonang Matheba. Austin has been a crusader for creative rights and crediting the photographer.
As unique as they come, Nikiwe is a hair artist and stylist who creates beautiful, intricate, gravity defying pieces of hair art. An all-round creative, she expresses herself through her hair, fashion, art and music. Her most recent noted piece was a beaded black headpiece she created for Busiswa Gqulu's appearance in Beyonce's visual album 'Black Is King'.
Zoocci Coke Dope
Having worked with most of the upcoming, promising and talented rappers in the city. Self-taught and outrageously talented, Zoocci is in essence, a workaholic. He often records hooks and verses for some of the rappers he works with. His passion and intensity for his craft is unmistaken. Notable production was I Dont Know by DJ Speedsta, Anxiety, and Candyman by Flame.
Side Step #TheSitDown Consumer Competition Terms and Conditions
1. This competition runs from (00h00) Monday 12 October to midday (12h00) on Friday, 13 November 2020 (“closing date”).
2. The Promoters are: Studio 88 Group of Companies (“Side Step”), whose registered office is, Aeroton Business Park, 30 O'Connor Place, Aeroton, Johannesburg, 2013, as well as adidas South Africa (Pty) Ltd (“adidas”) whose registered office is 2nd Floor, Unit 2C, Black River Park, North Park, Fir Road, Observatory, 7925, Cape Town, South Africa.
3. This competition is open to all residents of the Republic of South Africa who are in possession of a valid identity document, except any person who is-
- 3.1 a director, member, partner, spouse, life partner, immediate family member, employee or agent of, or consultant to the promoter or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by, the promoter; or
- 3.2 a director, member, partner, spouse, life partner, immediate family member, employee or agent of, or consultant to the supplier of goods or services in connection with the competition.
- 3.3 anyone who within a period of 183 days preceding this competition has won any competition organised, promoted, or conducted by Promoter, or who resides at the same address as such a winner, or who uses the same telephone number to enter this competition.
4. The parties described in this clause 3 will be known as a Participant.
5. To enter and stand a chance to win, a participant must be 18 years old at the date of entry.
6. By entering this competition, you agree to comply and abide with these terms and conditions.
7. Participants can enter the competition by uploaded ONE piece of original content created by themselves by midnight 27 Oct.
- 7.1 The uploading categories include: Music, Photography and Hair art 7.2 All submissions must be original contributions and as per their interpretation of the theme: “IF” 7.2.1 Any submission of non-original work will be disqualified
- 7.2.2 Submissions used in previous competitions / showcases / events / concerts will also be disqualified
- 7.2.3 The usage of each entry submission by adidas and Side Step will be for a period of 24 months, either for the promotion of future #TheSitDown campaigns, or future adidas and Side Step campaign. 7.2.4 By submitting an entry, entrants are granting a royalty free usage licence 7.3 The uploading of content is to be done via: www.side-step.co.za 7.4 Participants will be notified via social media (sidestep_sa) if their submission is a top three finalist. Announcement date: Monday, 2 November 2020 before 17h00.
- 7.5 The selection of the top three finalists are done by each of the category creators: 7.5.1 Austin Malema – Photography 7.5.2 Nikiwe Dlova – Hair art 7.5.3 Zooccii – Music
- 7.6 Once the finalist are announced, Monday, 2 November 2020 – voting commences and will be live until Wednesday, 11 November 2020.
- 7.7 The final winners are decided by public vote.
- 7.7.1 There is only one vote per person permitted. Multiple voting will be disqualified
- 7.7.2 One voter per category, who voted for the winner will be selected at random to receive R5000 in cash. This prize will be paid within seven working days of the winner providing their banking details 7.7.3 Each winner per category will receive R20 000 in cash. This prize will be paid within seven working days of the winner providing necessary banking information.
- 7.7.4 Should the entry be a collaboration, it is the sole responsibility of the individual whose name the content is submitted under to manage the distribution of the prize.
- 7.7.5 Winners will be announced on Monday, 16 November 2020. 7.8 Participants are responsible for all costs associated with the compilation of their submission
8. The prize is non-transferable and may not be exchanged for cash. The winner must claim their prize within 48 hours of winner being contacted and failure to claim the prize or a refusal or inability to comply herewith will disqualify the winner and no new winner is required to be drawn in their place.
9. Except in so far as is provided for in the Act 68 of 2008, the judges’ decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered.
10. The promoter reserves the right to vary, suspend, postpone or terminate the competition and any prizes, or any aspect thereof, for any reasons whatsoever and without notice. In such event, you hereby waive any rights or expectations which you may have against adidas and acknowledge that you will not have any recourse or claim of any nature against adidas.
11. You will be required to provide your full name, email address and other related information when entering this Competition. The Promoters and its affiliates will collect and use your personal data listed herein in order to enable your participation in this Competition and for related online activities. Your personal data will be used to enter you in this Competition and for the Promoter’s, its affiliates and subsidiaries’ marketing purposes and, by participating in the Competition, you consent to the transfer, storage and processing of the data in South Africa and any other affiliated country in which the promoters conducts in business, which consent may be withdrawn at any time by written notification to the Promoters. We keep your personal data to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected or as required by applicable laws or regulations. We will not use your personal data for a different purpose without first obtaining your permission. We do not allow third parties to use your personal information.
12. All entrants indemnify the Promoters, its advertising agencies, advisers, suppliers, and nominated agents against any and all claims, damages or losses resulting from their participation in this Competition arising from negligent acts or omissions of the Promoters.
13. The Promoters assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries. The Promoters are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by the Promoters on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to Entrant's or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Competition or downloading any materials in this Competition.
14. You can choose to be excluded from direct marketing by notifying adidas and Side Step in writing or by registering a block on any registry which adidas is bound by law to recognize. adidas and Side Step will not charge you a fee to update this request on its systems. adidas and Side Step will give effect to any changes requested by you as soon as reasonably possible.
15. This promotion is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with FACEBOOK. You agree that you are submitting your entry to the owner of the FACEBOOK business page and not to FACEBOOK themselves.
16. These Terms and Conditions are also available by phoning (021) 422 6200 (standard Telkom rates apply) and at www.side-step.co.za