#TheSitDown is bought to you by Side Step and ADIDAS ORIGINALS. Meet these dynamic cultural icons and have a convo in an informal setting. You might just gain some useful insights that’ll help you to build your career and take the culture forward. Collaboration or mentorship – name it what you will – at #TheSitDown you have a space to meet accomplished creators who willingly will share their knowledge and ideas.
In this space, insights are revealed and direction given on how and what it takes to make it happen. Learn about the hustle and what goes on behind the scenes of the culture on becoming an icon. Our icons will share their insights and offer inspiration.
To stand a chance to have a chat with Shekhinah, DJ Speedsta, Austin Malema, Ms Cosmo at selected Side Step stores, each hosted by the culture king himself – Fred Kayembe. To qualify for an entry, simply purchase any ADIDAS ORIGINALS product of R150.00 or more, upload your till slip online, select your event and you could be part of this cultural gathering.
When entering to secure your spot, take note of the dates, times and venues to ensure tou can make it to the events. Meet Shekhinah at Side Step Fourways Mall (20 September 2019), DJ Speedsta at Side Step – Campus Square (25 September 2019), Austin Malema at Side Step – Clearwater Mall (26 September 2019) and Ms Cosmo at Side Step Menlyn Mall (27 September 2019).
For information on the event click here #TheSitDown and let’s chop up some jewels on the game at #TheSitDown 2019.
Side Step #TheSitDown Consumer Competition Terms and Conditions
- This competition runs from (00h00) Friday 30 August to midday (12h00) on Wednesday, 25 September 2019 (“closing date”).
- The Promoters are: Studio 88 Group of Companies (“Side Step”), whose registered office is, Aeroton Business Park, 30 O’Connor Place, Aeroton, Johannesburg, 2013, as well as adidas South Africa (Pty) Ltd (“adidas”) whose registered office is 2nd Floor, Unit 2C, Black River Park, North Park, Fir Road, Observatory, 7925, Cape Town, South Africa.
- This competition is open to all residents of the Republic of South Africa who are in possession of a valid identity document, except any person who is-
- a director, member, partner, spouse, life partner, immediate family member, employee or agent of, or consultant to the promoter or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by, the promoter; or
- a director, member, partner, spouse, life partner, immediate family member, employee or agent of, or consultant to the supplier of goods or services in connection with the competition.
- anyone who within a period of 183 days preceding this competition has won any competition organised, promoted, or conducted by Promoter, or who resides at the same address as such a winner, or who uses the same telephone number to enter this competition.
- The parties described in this clause 3 will be known as a Participant.
- To enter and stand a chance to win, a participant must be 18 years old at the date of entry.
- By entering this competition, you agree to comply and abide with these terms and conditions.
- Participants can enter the competition by purchasing any adidas product within the participating Side Step stores and uploading their receipt onto the designated website as stated below.
- The minimum purchase price to qualify for entry is R150.00.
- The list of participating stores may be found here: side-step.co.za
- To enter the competition, Participants must up load an image of their proof of purchase through www.thesitedown.co.za. Participants are also required to enter their full names, email address, contact number as well as the store name where the purchase was made.
- Participants must select the relevant #TheSitDown-Event they wish to win a spot to attend.
- There are 30 tickets available for each Event. A winner will be selected by a random draw conducted by the promoters or a person nominated by the promoters.
- Participants will be notified 48 hours prior to the selected Event that they have won a single ticket (“notification”). Winners will be contacted electronically or telephonically as per the details provided by the Participant at entry.
- Notifications will be done at midday for each Event on the following dates:
- Event 1: 17 September 2019
- Event 2: 22 September 2019
- Event 3: 23 September 2019
- Event 4: 24 September 2019
- Participants are responsible for all costs associated with transport to and from the Event, as well as costs incurred during the Event, such as mall parking if applicable.
- An adidas Influencer will be present at each Event at the following venues:
- Event 1: 20 September 2019 – Shekhinah at Side Step – Fourways Mall (JHB)
- Event 2: 25 September 2019 – DJ Speedsta at Side Step – Campus Square (JHB)
- Event 3: 26 September 2019 – Austin Malema at Side Step – Clearwater Mall (JHB)
- Event 4: 27 September 2019 – Miss Cosmo at Side Step – Menlyn Mall (PTA)
- If for any reason the venue is required to change, the promoters are within their right to do so, providing 24 hours’ notice to each of the winners. No reimbursements will be made to any costs already incurred for originally stipulated venues.
- The prize is non-transferable and may not be exchanged for cash. The winner has to claim their prize within 48 hours of winners contact and failure to claim the prize or a refusal or inability to comply herewith will disqualify the winner and no new winner is required to be drawn in their place.
- Except in so far as is provided for in the Act 68 of 2008, the judges’ decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- adidas reserves the right to vary, suspend, postpone or terminate the competition and any prizes, or any aspect thereof, for any reasons whatsoever and without notice. In such event, you hereby waive any rights or expectations which you may have against adidas and acknowledge that you will not have any recourse or claim of any nature against adidas.
- You will be required to provide your full name, email address and other related information when entering this Competition. The Promoters and its affiliates will collect and use your personal data listed herein in order to enable your participation in this Competition and for related online activities. Your personal data will be used to enter you in this Competition and for the Promoter’s, its affiliates and subsidiaries’ marketing purposes and, by participating in the Competition, you consent to the transfer, storage and processing of the data in South Africa and any other affiliated country in which the promoters conducts in business, which consent may be withdrawn at any time by written notification to the Promoters. We keep your personal data to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected or as required by applicable laws or regulations. We will not use your personal data for a different purpose without first obtaining your permission. We do not allow third parties to use your personal information.
- All entrants indemnify the Promoters, its advertising agencies, advisers, suppliers, and nominated agents against any and all claims, damages or losses resulting from their participation in this Competition arising from negligent acts or omissions of the Promoters.
- The Promoters assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries. Promoters is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Promoters on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to Entrant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Competition or downloading any materials in this Competition.
- You can choose to be excluded from direct marketing by notifying adidas and Side Step in writing or by registering a block on any registry which adidas is bound by law to recognize. adidas and Side Step will not charge you a fee to update this request on its systems. adidas and Side Step will give effect to any changes requested by you as soon as reasonably possible.
- These Terms and Conditions are also available by phoning (021) 422 6200 (standard Telkom rates apply) and at www.adidas.co.za #TheSitDown – We are doing it again!